Friday, March 17, 2006

LIFE IS TOO SHORT

Yes indeed. Life is too short to be wasted. Abah just informed me that one of his best friend, namely Uncle Karim just passed away yesterday evening. What is so special about this chap? He used to live in my neighbourhood. Abah and Uncle Karim were friends during their bell-bottom days in Texas Instruments. The kicker, he has a down-syndrome son and he was my age. He was nicknamed Chubby for being chubby.

They treated Chubby with full of love like their other kids. It didnt last long when they decided to move to Melaka to run a chalet business. Sadly, Chubby left this world last few years. End of 2005, we were shocked to hear about Uncle Karim been warded and he was in coma and brain-dead. Abah and mama went to visit him in Melaka but he was just laying on the bed unconciously. And yesterday, he passed away after being coma for so long.

And last night also, I drove passed a house with another demise person in Lembah Keramat. It was way past midninght and I suppose the funeral will take place early this morning.

As I sat alone, it came into thinking that, our life might be taken away, anytime, anywhere, anyhow. Are we ready for it?

Al-fatihah to Uncle Karim and everybody we know who had left us, forever.

7 comments:

ladynina said...

al-fatihah !

yup.. life is too short to be wasted unnecessarily.. that's why there is saying "live your life to the fullest" meaning.. prepare our lives the best for this world and also for 'the other' world..

cheers ~!

mafiaries said...

alfatihah..
sometimes, we are just not prepared but that wont stop faith to come.

Najwa Aiman said...

it's good to remember death. and it's better to attend to funerals. it helps us a lot. merely reading this makes me tremble to think about what i did or didn't do.

perhaps i'm now too far away from the real path...

Lynn said...

Al-Fatihah.

Yeah, the thought did strike me too. What if I die today? Tomorrow? Am I ready to face the after world? Have I fulfilled my obligations in this world?

A reminder for us all.

kunci hilang said...

al-fatihah.
to all muslimin and muslimah.

pye:rudz said...

jom jadi rakan masjid! (speaking for myself)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »